We select supply chains for our HRIAs following detailed risk assessments, and where we have leverage to move towards lasting change.
Furthermore, our HRIAs follow a systematic process to identify, prioritise, and address the impact of business operations on human rights issues. This includes:
- Mapping out relevant business activities, processes, and value chain relationships.
- Conducting desk-based research focusing on risks to vulnerable workers, to support a future field visit.
- Directly engaging with workers within the scope of the HRIA as well as seeking the opinion of trade unions, civil society organisations, multi-stakeholder initiatives and non-governmental organisations (NGOs).
- Conducting a field visit to explore and validate the issues identified in the desk-based research.
- Publishing and implementing a time-bound action plan to ensure that negative human rights impacts identified throughout the process are mitigated effectively.