Buying in a responsible way
Our commitment to ensuring all employees are trained in sustainability topics is particularly important within our buying department, where we source products from around the world every single day.
Through responsible purchasing practices we are able to mitigate adverse impacts and enhance positive impacts.
All buyers are given bespoke training on the key topics and issues relating to their product categories, as well as the relevant tools needed to deliver the commitments. This includes:
- Induction into responsible sourcing when joining the buying department
- A Responsible Sourcing Handbook that covers material social and environmental issues and relevance for their categories
- Training on specific topics such as human rights issues, plastic and packaging and raw material goals ahead of annual range reviews
- Mandatory training sessions conducted by in-house specialists on arising topics
- The inclusion of responsible sourcing requirements within tender documents and specifications
Find out more via the below links:
Supplier Code of Conduct